Tuesday 16 May 2017

Momochi no Kimochi: The statement that changed my fate (Essay #21/22)



I’m now known as ‘Momochi’ all over Japan, or should I say, throughout the world (!?), but it was given to me by my fellow group member Sugaya Risako-chan about four or five years ago. She probably turned ‘Momo-chan’ to ‘Momochi’, but it was cute and rolled off the tongue, so I thought that it was a good nickname.


It was about two years later when I decided that I’d fare better with a nickname, that I’d be Momochi from then on. In order to spread the word, I started by changing my signature. But I would require permission from my manager in order to change my signature. And what’s more, given that my nickname had yet to make its mark at the time, would they really allow me to change from my name ‘Momoko’ to ‘Momochi’? There weren't any senpai that could act as a precedent, so perhaps they might be really against it…… With my head all in a mess, I discussed it with my manager-san. I showed my manager my new signature, asking whether it would be all right for me to change my signature like that. And my manager uttered the following statement:


Ah, that’s great, it’s much quicker to write.

…...T, that’s it~~!? What was the point of me getting so worked up about? Give me back that sense of panic I had wastefully used up!! But I was lucky that I got to change it without too much fuss ♪ And as you all know, the nickname ‘Momochi; has spread throughout Japan ♥♥♥ And that’s thanks to the lightly-made statement by that manager-san ♥


Tsugunaga Momoko Photo Essay "Momochi no Kimochi" / Momoko Tsugunaga
Momoko Tsugunaga

1 comment:

  1. That is really good and cute post, I am new reader of your blog and I am impressed with your writing skills. Going to books mark your blog to read more such posts

    ReplyDelete